Note: To download and install Office products, your account must have a license that includes Office products.
Sign in to download Office for PC
- If you aren’t already logged in, go to https://portal.office.com and click Sign in.
- Use the account associated with this Office version to log in.
- After logging in, proceed as follows:
- You can install Office apps from the Home page of Office 365.
- To start the installation, choose Office 365 applications.
Note: Unless Office discovers you already have a 32-bit version of Office (or a stand-alone Office software like Project or Visio) installed, the 64-bit version is installed by default. Instead, the 32-bit edition of Office will be set up in this situation.
You need to first remove Office if you want to go from a 32-bit to a 64-bit version, or vice versa (including any stand-alone Office apps you have such as Project of Visio). Following the completion of the uninstall, sign in once more and select Other install choices. From there, click Install. After selecting the language and desired version (64 or 32-bit), if necessary.
- You have now successfully installed Office on your device. Follow the instructions in the “Install Office” section below to finish the installation.
- Choose Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File depending on your browser (in Firefox).
Do you wish to enable this program and make modifications to your device? is a User Account Control window that you may see. choose Yes.
The install begins.
2. Your setup is complete when you read the words, “You’re ready!” An animation shows where you can find the Office application after it has been installed. Click Close to close the window.
- Select the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen, then input the name of an Office software, such as Word, to launch it.
On the Start screen of Windows 8.1 or 8.0, input the name of an Office software.
2. Select the Office application in the search results to launch it.
3. Accept the licencing agreement when the Office app launches. Office is operational and available for usage.
Note: If Office is having issues activating, the Activation Wizard occurs. To finish activating Office, follow the wizard’s instructions to the end.
Install Office for Mac
- Open Finder, browse to Downloads, and double-click the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file when the download is finished (the name might vary slightly).
Tip: Wait 10 seconds and relocate the downloaded file to your desktop if you receive an error message stating that the Microsoft Office installer.pkg cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. To start the installation, click the file while holding down Control.
2. To start the installation procedure, choose Continue on the first installation screen.
3. After carefully reading the software licensing agreement, click Continue.
4. To accept the terms of the software licensing agreement, click Agree.
5. Select the installation method for Office, then click Continue.
6. Click Install after reviewing the disc space requirements and selecting a different install location.
Note: Click the Customize box and uncheck the applications you don’t want to install if you just want to install some Office apps rather than the whole suite.
7. If asked, enter your Mac’s login password before selecting Install Software. (You enter this password when logging onto your Mac.)
8. Installing the software gets started. Click Close when the installation is done.
Start the activation process by launching the Office for Mac app
- All of your apps will appear when you click the Launchpad icon in the Dock.
- In the Launchpad, click the Microsoft Word icon.
3. When you start Word, the What’s New window pops up automatically. To activate, click Get Started.